Verse 7 goes on to give this command to parents.
- Repeat them (God's commands) again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are away on a journey, when you are lying down and when you are getting up again.
It is important to teach our children and grand-children and to keep reminding them to love God and His commands.
However, children learn from many sources, other than their parents, and it is impossible to monitor everything to which they are exposed. It seems that so much of the outside input is negative.
Since one of the more exciting sources of influence on our children is the computer, I searched to see what was available that would honor God. I found some kid oriented Christian web sites that promise to be a great help in teaching and reminding children.
This site is Biblically based and exciting enough to attract and keep even the savviest child's attention.It is very colorful, easy to navigate, well designed and a place that all ages will find entertaining and challenging.
Kid Explorers - Adventures in the Rain Forest challenges kids to learn about the creator by exploring His creation.
- Ask the animals, and they will teach you. Ask the birds of the sky, and they will tell you. Speak to the earth, and it will instruct you. Let the fish of the sea speak to you. They all know that the Lord has done this. For the life of every living thing is in his hand, and the breath of all humanity.
Scanning through the information offered there you will find fascinating pages, such as:
- The Rainforest - Learn all about the people and animals and more.
- Coloring Page - Easy to use and fun
- The Great Dinosaur Mystery
- The Bible - Learn about the world's most amazing book.
- How Archaeology relates to the Bible.
- Games and Mazes - Challenges for all ages
- A question and answer page full of questions that children, and maybe some adults, wonder about. Questions such as: "Did Adam have a bellybutton?"
- And one of my favorite pages; God's Story, a multimedia journey through the Bible.
We have a big responsibility in teaching our children. Be sure to utilize every option available to you in following God's command.