6 medium sized potatoes, cut into chunks
1 1/2 cups milk
3 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In large saucepan cook potatoes in boiling water just covering potatoes.
2. Covered and cook until tender (about 10 minutes).
3. Drain potatoes thoroughly, let sit in pan without cover for a few minutes until all water evaporates.
4. Mash potatoes thoroughly by hand or electric mixer. Please on side.
5. Place milk, butter and garlic in small saucepan; set over medium-low heat and simmer until heated through, beat into potatoes until fluffy.
6. Add additional milk if too thick.
7. Salt and pepper to taste.
Makes about 6 servings
HINT: Use white pepper instead black pepper. The taste will be the same. No black specks!