Enjoy this Laura Childs mystery novel and enjoy the recipes!
Green Beans with Garlic and Tea
1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. canola oil
2 Tbsp. keemum tea leaves* brewed in 2 cups of spring water
Toasted almond slices
1. Steam green beans water.
2. While beans are steaming, saute minced garlic in canola oil until opaque.
3. Add brewed tea and simmer with garlic for 2 minutes.
4. Remove beans from steamer and put in large bowl.
5. Pour tea marinade over drained beans
6. Garnish with toasted almond slices.
2 Tbsp. Lapsang Souchong tea*
2 cups water
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 lb. shrimp or prawns
1. Steep tea in boiling water to desired strength, then strain.
2. Cool tea to room temperature.
3. Marinate shrimp (or prawns) in tea for at least 30 minutes,
4. Grill or stir-fry until done.
*Keemum tea leaves, black 'top of the line' aromatic Chinese tea. It has a subtle sweetness.
*Lapsang Souchong tea,rich flavored tea black smoky flavored tea from southern China.
*Serve Tea-Marinated Prawns/Shrimp and Green Beans with Garlic and Tea with fluffy white rice or Soba noodles.
*Soba noodles are native Japanese and made from buckwheat flour (soba-ko) and wheat flour (komugi-ko). They are generally as thick as spaghetti, and prepared in various hot and cold dishes. The most basic soba dish is zaru soba in which boiled as other pastas are. Soba noodles can be bought at supermarkets in the noodle section or sometimes in the 'Ethnic Foods' section.