A great old fashioned side dish to serve with BBQ'd pork or chicken. The smoked country bacon adds a subtle slightly smoky favor to the fresh corn.
8 Ears fresh sweet corn
4 Slices smoked country bacon
1/2 Small finely chopped onion
salt and pepper to taste
1. Fry the bacon until crisp, drain it on paper towels. Remove fat from pan. Replace 2 tbls to pan.
2. Cut bacon into small strips or crumble it and reserve.
3. Add the onion to the fat in the pan and fry untul it softens.
4. Husk the corn, cut the kernels from the ears and scrape the cobs to get
all the milk.
5. Add the corn wth its milk to the onions in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add bacon, season with salt and pepper as needed and serve.
From: Recipe Source
For more information contact
Vannie@ Hot & Spicy
Vanette (Vannie) Ryanes is CEO of Spices Plus E-Zine for Women
"Who says you can't have it all?"
August 9, 2003