Birthdays are not complete without an ice cream cake to celebrate. Ice cream cakes are surprisingly easy to make and guests will be surprised you made it yourself. This ice cream cake has a layer of chocolate cake from a box and store bought ice cream. However, you can make your ice cream cake with or without a chocolate cake layer. Some ice cream cakes just have ice cream. This is a fun dessert to prepare and even more fun to eat!
Ice cream Cake Recipe
1 Chocolate cake mix prepared according to package
1 quart of chocolate ice cream
1 quart of vanilla ice cream
1.5 sleeves of Oreo cookies crushed
1/2 container of magic shell
2 cups heaving whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3/4 cup water
2 tsp. gelatin
1. Make cake mix according to the instructions on the box in a 10 inch round pan.
2. Once cake is baked and cooled take out chocolate ice cream and allow to soften.
3. Place the cake layer in a 9 inch spring form pan. Typically when making the 10 inch cake it shrinks slightly and is now able to fit in a 9 inch pan. If it does not fit you may need to trim the sides.
4. While ice cream is softening, crush the Oreo cookies and mix with the magic shell.
5. Once the chocolate ice cream has softened, spread over the cake layer.
6. Spread Oreo cookie and magic shell mixture over chocolate ice cream.
7. Freeze overnight.
8. When ready to prepare second layer take out vanilla ice cream and allow to soften.
9. Spread over chocolate ice cream layer.
10. Freeze overnight.
11. To prepare whipped cream frosting, combine 3/4 cup water and gelatin in a microwave safe bowl.
12. Microwave until warm and dissolved, 1-2 minutes.
13. With an electric mixer beat the cream, sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form.
14. Add the gelatin.
15. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
16. Remove the side of the springform pan to frost cake. I ran a knife under hot water and just went along the sides of the cake.
17. Frost with the whipped cream.
18. Decorate if desired.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!