However, A look into the Bible reveals that Satan is indeed real and is someone that every believer should be aware of. He is not to be taken lightly.
Ezekiel 28:14-17 says he was once a beautiful angel. He was the model of perfection, who became so taken with himself that he was filled with pride and considered himself equal with God. God, who does not tolerate sin, cast him out of heaven.
Since then he has been living up to his name.
The name Satan is derived from a Hebrew word meaning, "act as a deceiver". He deceives, lies, and tries to lead us astray. His mission is to turn Godís children away from Him and to gain control for himself.
Eve and Adam were deceived by Satan, in the Garden of Eden, and were persuaded to disobey God. Genesis 3:1-6.
As described in Luke 4:1-13, at the beginning of His ministry, Jesus went into the dessert and fasted for forty days. There, He had a conversation with Satan, and was tempted to give up His God-given mission on earth. Jesus was not deceived.
Jesus describes Satan, in John 8:44, as a murderer and says that when he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Now he roams the earth looking for unsuspecting souls to consume. 1Peter 5:8 says Your enemy, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
- Gossip: It seems insignificant. Unkind words about someone. Hurt and destruction start here.
- Self-indulgence: Satan makes destructive lifestyles appear glamorous and profitable. How attractive quickly won wealth seems. Mood enhancing drugs, and alcohol appear to be harmless diversions.
- Lack of self-discipline. When I am distracted from spending time alone with God, when other activities seem more important or more urgent than learning what God has to say to me; Satanís mission is being accomplished.
- Self-consciousness or poor self-image. Satan is an accuser and will tell us that we aren't smart enough or good enough. He will cause us to keep quiet when we should speak. We miss an opportunity to tell someone the Good News of Jesus
- James 4:7&8 - Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and He will come near to you.
- Romans 16:20 <- The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
- 1 Peter 5: 9 - Resist him. Standing firm in the faith. Because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
Turn away from him and turn fully toward Jesus Christ.
His work began in the garden and he works in the world today but he is already defeated and will meet his end when he is thrown into the lake of fire, never to bother us again. Revelation 20:10
Magic, Divination and Witchcraft
Halloween - the Origins
Halloween - The Symbols
A Walk With the Women of the Bible
EBook by Lynne Chapman
Join me in getting to know some amazing
women of the Bible
while we extract valuable insights and
lessons from their lives.
Now available for Kindle under new title
A Walk With EVE
Also availble in paperback from Cafe Press.
Names of God Ebook
Almighty God. The Creator of heaven and earth.
Our God is given names in Scripture that
describe the characteristics of His personality.
Experience God through the names given Him in Scripture.