Crystals can be given specific jobs to do if you know how to programme them. Whether you need help to sleep, stop smoking, or meditate more deeply a programmed quartz crystal can support you. Here are some step by step instructions.
The intention of the programmer is crucial to the quality of the programming and the results that will follow. Always carry out any programming with clarity of consciousness, integrity of intent and respect for the crystal.
Crystals can hold pictures and symbols. The program will be magnified through the facets of the crystal, so make it positive. For true clarity and best results you should only use one program per crystal.
Ideas for Programmes
Healing programmes can be used to target specific health issues by the use of affirmations and visualisations. By keeping such programmed crystals upon one's person your whole being is continually exposed to the healing intent.
Programmes can be designed to strengthen a positive quality in an individual. You could programme a crystal to support your confidence, promote good memory, enhance clear communication, or aid an optimistic outlook for example.
Nature can be a wonderful source of programmes. Energy patterns such as one's favourite place in nature, the vibrations from a particular tree or flower, the earthiness of a cave, or the magic of a rainbow can be imprinted into a crystal. Remember to solicit the help of any devic beings associated with the energy you are seeking to connect with.
Ancient sites of healing and holy ground are blessed with powerful energy currents. Crystals can enable you to connect with these energies without having to be on location. Prepare the crystal then ask for permission and assistance from the guardians of the site. If possible leave the crystal in place over time. If you cannot leave it a focused meditation may achieve your goal. Remember some of these sites may have been misused by others- check that your vibes are positive before proceeding.
Programming Step by Step
The method given below is tried and tested, but it isn't the only way to programme crystals so if you get a strong urge to try another way follow your own intuition.
1. Choose a clear quartz point that feels like it wants to work with you. Rock quartz is the easiest crystal to programme, though you can try other members of the quartz family if it feels right. Prepare it, ensuring it is thoroughly cleansed.
2. Determine what you would like to programme the crystal with. You will need to think carefully about the end result you wish to achieve. Spend time getting the idea clear in your mind. Create it with as many of your senses as you can. See it, smell it, touch it, hear it, taste it, make it real.
3. Attune to the crystal. Decide which facet on the termination seems to be the best 'window' into the crystal's interior and hold it to your third eye. Show it your intention in the form of pictures or words, asking permission to programme it. If you are unsure or get a negative response then do not continue with the programming.
4. If the feeling is positive ask the crystal to open a part of its matrix to accept the programme. Wait until you feel a space opening in the energy of the crystal.
5. Float the programme into the crystal in the form of pictures, words or symbols; they should flow in easily. You may use your hands, heart and brow chakra as clear connection points. Stay aware of how the crystal feels. If you feel you are using force then you are not respecting the crystal's wishes and should stop immediately.
6. Visualise closing and sealing the crystal structure to keep it and the programme safe.
7. When you feel the programming process is complete you can withdraw your mind from the crystal. You can check by dowsing that the programme has been activated. Charging the crystal will help to boost the strength of the programme.
8. Over the next few weeks you may wish to repeat the whole process once or twice to reinforce your intent.
With a well-programmed crystal normal cleansing procedures will not erase the programme. It is best to programme crystals after deep contemplation so that erasing your programmes will not be necessary. However if circumstances change then you'll need to formulate an intent to 'erase the existing programme'.
If you previously programmed with pictures you might visualise each one dissolving, or the words that you used being rubbed out or pulled from the crystal matrix. This process should be followed by sealing and cleansing the crystal very carefully.
In programming a crystal, a specialised and focussed tool is created. A strong bond may be made between the programmer and the crystal. You must decide whether it feels right for you to programme a crystal for someone else. Personally I much prefer to teach clients how to create a basic programme for themselves. An exception might be in programming a crystal for your child, perhaps for guarding against nightmares or giving confidence at school.
Most of my own quartz crystals have not been given formal programmes, but have worked with me long enough to 'know what they do' and a good bond has developed between us. Many feel more like old friends than tools. I know that I would get confused if I tried to programme too many crystals in my collection, so I just have a special few that carry specific programmes.
If you would like to learn more about crystal therapy you will find many practical ideas in my Touchstones: Manual for the Crystal Therapist