- To create this simple twist, brush all of your hair back and toward the center.
Using both hands, smooth it from the front to the back, gathering all together at the center back. Grab all of the long hair forming it into a ponytail at the upper portion of the back
of your head as shown in the first picture. The modelís right hand is doing the work of holding the hair. (Her left hand is holding the hair out of the way, so that you can see how it is done.
- After you have the hair controlled, slide your grip out slightly (about one inch to one and a half inches) and then fold the pony tail over while twisting it. Turn it toward either the right or to the left - whichever side is comfortable to you.
3Hold it to the head and then, with your other hand, slide long bobby pins through the folded portion of the twist to secure it to the back of your head. The inside prong of the bobby pin slides along the scalp with the outside prong sliding inside the fold of hair so that it is hidden.
If your hair is long and placed in a twist in this fashion, the ends are at the top of your head. They can then be curled to form a decorative cluster.
For a more casual look, the ends can be guided around and tucked under to form a small bun at the top of the twist. After the bun is formed, small bobby pins can be inserted so that they are hidden inside while they fasten the bun in place.
- Follow step 1 and step 2 above.
- While you are folding your hair over forming the twist, take the long ends that are extending out at the top and turn them down, tucking them underneath the fold or twist.
- Slide the bobby pins into the twist as is explained in step 4 above. This serves to make the twist fuller and provides a very neat and tidy appearance with no loose ends.
Once you have practiced this method, a twist is fast and easy to create and will stay in place all day.
Perfect Wedding Hair - Ebook
Your wedding day.
Perfect in every way with
"Perfect Wedding Hair" Ebook.
EBook - Updos for Every Occassion
Updos for parties, proms,
weddings or the office.
Follow these simple instructions
to begin creating them yourself!