This recipe also makes a great budget friendly gift. To deliver this holiday casserole as a gift, complete steps one through nine below, and place in your refrigerator. When itís time to deliver your homemade holiday gift, attach a note with baking directions (step ten).
For example, our note reads:
- 1 pound of turkey sausage, casings removed
- 12 eggs
- 1 pack (2 cups) of shredded cheddar cheese, or cheese blend
- 1 pack of refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your pan with a non stick cooking spray.
- Brown sausage on medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage and eggs.
- Spray a casserole dish (9 x ll) with a non stick cooking spray.
- Unroll a layer of crescent dough and place in the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the egg and sausage mixture over the layer of crescent dough.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the egg and sausage mixture.
- Place another layer of crescent roll dough over the top of the casserole.
- Cover with tin foil, and back at 350 degrees for thirty to thirty five minutes.
Additional suggestions for this recipe:
- This recipe calls for turkey sausage, however, you can certainly substitute a different type of sausage or ham in place of the turkey sausage.
- If half of your family enjoys sausage and the other half enjoys ham, you can easily divide the recipe. Simply use two smaller casserole dishes, and use six eggs for the sausage, and six eggs for the ham. Follow the rest of the directions, and everyone will have their favorite type of breakfast casserole.
- If you are delivering this casserole as a gift, placing it in a container that can go from the refrigerator to oven is a much appreciated gesture. Be sure to include instructions on your card about adding or removing tin foil, plastic wrap, etc. before baking.