Peanut Butter Candy Bar Thumbprints can be made quickly since they start with a cake mix and have only a few ingredients. Packaged chow mein noodles add crunch. They’re even easy enough for the kids to help.
About 80 cookies
1 18.5 ounce package yellow cake Mix
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
3 ounces chow mein noodles, (1 slightly heaping cup), crushed a little
20 fun size candy bars, each cut into quarters (Reese's & Plain Hershey Bars are best)
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Mix the cake mix, peanut butter, vegetable oil, eggs, and water in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the chow mein noodles.
- Scoop tablespoonsful of dough and roll into balls.
- Place the balls on parchment-lined or greased baking sheets.
- Press each ball down in the center with thumb.
- Bake in the preheated oven 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and press a piece of candy bar into the center.
- Return the cookies to the oven and let bake an additional 2 minutes or until they are lightly browned on the edges.
- Transfer the cookies to cooling racks to cool thoroughly.
- Store up to 1 week in an airtight container. Freeze for longer storage.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 81 Calories from Fat 41
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 6% Carb. 44%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 6 mg
Sodium 51 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%