Our Sacred Body - our body when used in loving and caring; our body when housing feelings and thoughts of healing and prayer; our body when used for the highest purpose of the moment.
Visualize this - our arms join the side of our body at the level of our physical heart, symbolizing that it is through the practical application of heart feelings, caring feelings, that our tenderness is shown in the everyday world with family, friends, co-workers, community.
Our sacred body. Our body viewed in its wholeness of loving action, its Holiness.
Sit upright in your favorite meditation spot, hands folded in your lap and begin even regular breathing such as: breathe in one count; breathe out one count; breathe in one count and continue this pattern throughout the meditation without actually saying the numbers. Just maintain the rhythm.
Now contemplate these thoughts -
All acts we perform, in thought, word, deed, emanate from our body. And reaching for our sacredness is the challenge and joy of the moment.
To help live in awareness of our sacred, therefore joyful body:
1. Maintain bodily hygiene with a clean diet, clean physical body and clothing, clean surroundings;
2. Hold helpful thoughts, and eliminate harmful thoughts toward others or self - reading uplifting literature is helpful for inspiration;
3. Create a personal atmosphere of positive attitudes, which in turn produce their offspring of productive thoughts and actions;
4. Seep into the inner stillness of quietness regularly through the process of prayer: supplication, reflection, meditation, appreciation;
5. Reinforce personal sacredness by acting for the overall best resolve in each situation;
6. Act productively at school, work, or in community service.
Finish you meditation with a deep inhalation and exhalation and write any new ideas that came to you in your journal for occasional review.
"Our Sacred Body
Our body in its fullness of love
By thinking and acting caringly."
Article and photo of rose by Susan Kramer
For offsite reading
Meditation for Teens and Adults
More than 70 offerings, from guided meditation techniques to on-the-go stress relief and relationship meditations interspersed with verse, and a section of special occasion prayers. 114 pages.
Meditation for all Kids
Sitting, walking, dance and group circle meditations, along with positive affirmations, verses and benefits of meditation for kids of all ages and abilities in a 100 page book with illustrations.