These adorable spiders contain just four ingredients and are chocolately enough for even the most passionate chocoholic. The spiders pictured were made by my 12 year old granddaughter, Bella and her friend, MaKaylee.
Since chocolate is the star ingredient of these yummy spiders, it’s important to use high-quality chocolate chips; make sure they are not chocolate flavored as opposed to real chocolate. Check the additives in the ingredients; the cheaper chocolate chips such as Nestles and some store brands have less chocolate and more crap.
For more fun Halloween food ideas, check out other Halloween Dessert Ideas on this site and also ideas for Halloween appetizers, breads, main dishes and desserts on the Quick Cooking Site: Quick Cooking Halloween Dishes at BellaOnline.
24 Extremely Scary Spiders
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
4 cups chow mein noodles
48 red cinnamon candies
- Measure the chocolate chips and butter in a large microwaveable container.
- Microwave 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and stir until melted. If the chocolate isn't totally melted, place it back in the microwave for 20 seconds. Stir.
- Add the chow mein noodles and stir until well-coated.
- Drop the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, place two red cinnamon candies on top for eyes, and pull a few noodles out a little to resemble legs.
- Let the spiders set in a cool place or in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 116 Calories from Fat 55
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 4% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 11 mg
Total Carbohydrate 14 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 3%