Individual pancake cakes are a fun way to celebrate. This is a new way to enjoy a birthday or add excitement to a brunch. Pancakes do not have to be just for breakfast anymore. They are sweet enough to indulge for dessert.
Chocolate Frosted Individual Pancake Cake Recipe
Makes about 46 mini pancakes
2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups buttermilk (if you do not have buttermilk add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to regular milk and allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes before using)
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon vanilla
1. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix with a wire whisk until combined.
2. Heat a lightly greased griddle over medium to high heat. Use either butter or baking spray to grease the pan.
3. Once the pan is heated scoop 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.
4. Pour each 1/4 cup of batter on griddle.
5. Once the pancakes start to brown and bubble, flip each one.
6. Repeat until all the batter is used.
7. Frost the pancakes with the recipe below.
The recipe makes 46 mini pancakes. I made 6 cakes that had 6 layers and 2 cakes that had 5 layers.
Chocolate Frosting Recipe
3 tbsp. butter, softened
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1. In a large mixing bowl cream butter with a hand mixer.
2. Combine the confectioner’s sugar and cocoa together.
3. Slowly add in the sugar/cocoa mixture and beat until combined.
4. Beat in the milk and vanilla until smooth.
5. Frost the pancakes and stack together to create mini cakes.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
An additional option is to add caramel. I added caramel syrup for sundaes to make a second version. I prepared the pancakes and frosting exactly the same and then drizzled caramel between each layer. Then garnish each plate with a drizzle of caramel around the pancake.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!