Below are two sets of instructions on how to cook these delicious noodles. The first outlines how to cook them if you are serving them with a stir fry and the second explains how to cook them for use as a garnish. Try these fun crunchy noodles with you next meal and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum. Enjoy!
To see a video of these instructions click here.
6 to 8oz rice vermicelli noodles
2 to 3 cups peanut oil (for frying)
Prepare to Serve with Stir Fry:
- Fill a large bowl with luke warm water. Remove the noodles from their package and submerge them in the water. Let them soak for 20 to 30 minutes, or until “al dente.”
- Once the noodles are “al dente,” drain them in a colander. Make sure they drain thoroughly. If needed, use a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- Add 2 to 3 cups of peanut oil to a wok and heat it on high.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully add about a handful of noodles to the oil and let them cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Then remove them with a wire strainer and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Continue cooking the remaining noodles.
- Once they are cooked, place them on a plate topped with your favorite stir fry.
- Complete steps 1 through 3 above.
- Break the noodles into small pieces. Once the oil is hot, scatter a handful of them into the oil and let them cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove them with a wire strainer and place them on a plate lined with paper towels. Continue cooking the remaining noodles.
- Once they are cooked, serve them as a garnish on top of a salad to give it an extra crunch or to add texture to any other dish.