- We celebrate His birth. God gave us a savior to save us from ourselves. We were lost in sin sometimes called iniquity - never good enough to enter the purity of Godís kingdom.
Romans 6:23...for the penalty for sin is death
Without a savior, we would die (actually living eternally without God) because of our sin (violation of God's law).
John 3:16...God gave his one and only Son, so that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
- Trust in Jesus gives us eternal life. This is a new life, not an extension of the old life with its heartaches and confusion. Eternal life is living in the Kingdom of God.
Click on the link above to read more.
- This is a benefit of trust in Jesus. Every time we mess up Jesus prays for us. And as Godís son, He assures us of forgiveness. Jesus stands at the right hand of God defending us from the accuser, Satan. Romans 8:34
- When Jesus returned to heaven to be with the Father he sent us the gift of the Holy Spirit.
He is a counselor that lives within us and reminds us of what Jesus taught.
John 14:16,17...I will ask the Father and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever- the Spirit of truth. You know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
- As believers, we are not left to our own resources to cope with problems. We may be in such turmoil that we canít even express our feelings. The Holy Spirit understands and prays with us and for us.
Romans 8:26 the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
So when stress of life threatens to get the best of you, think about the eternal gifts that have already been given to you, the believer. These are extraordinary gifts that keep on giving and growing for a lifetime. As you unwrap those gifts and begin to live with them you will begin to experience the true joy of the season.
| || || |