A fresh take on this vegetable. It can be served with almost any meat or fish dish.
Zucchini con Noci
- 1 cup walnuts
- 6 medium zucchini
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs butter
- freshly ground pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat the butter and oil over a low flame.
- Cut the unpeeled zucchini in thin slices (about 1/8 inch thick).
- Sauté the slices in the butter and oil, stirring gently.
- Chop the walnuts into small pieces.
- When they are almost tender add the walnuts, salt, and pepper.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the zucchini is tender.
- Plate and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Note: You can substitute yellow squash, or use a combination of yellow squash and zucchini. You can add the squash to pasta, add more olive oil, and have a fresh and light pasta dish.
Italian Food Host
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Sabatier Precision 14-Piece Stainless-Steel Knife Block Set
You won't be missing a single cutting tool with this 14-piece cutlery block set from Sabatier. It contains a 3-1/2-inch paring knife, an 8-inch chef knife, an 8-inch slicer, an 8-inch bread knife, a 6-inch boning knife, six 5-inch steak knives, a pair of kitchen shears, a sharpening steel, and a 14-slot block to keep them in. The knives are made from high-carbon stainless steel, which is the industry standard, and have full tangs, meaning that the steel goes all the way through the handle. These knives feel a little lighter than professional quality sets, and won't hold the same razor-sharp edge, but for those looking for a complete starter set these will work just fine. The shears are a nice bonus when cutting through bones or joints, and they'll cut through bags and boxes and do a fine job of snipping herbs into a sauce. The sharpening steel helps to keep the blade true, and the block keeps tools handy and protected.