Volume One, Issue Eight
- From the Editor's Desk
- April Recipes and Articles
- Hot and Spicy Festivals 2004
- FYI: Contests, Great Links
- April Food Quote
FROM THE EDITOR'S DESK
Many recipes are interchangerable. The recipe for Mexican style meatballs Albóndigas con Chipotle - Meatballs in Chipotle Sauce is one. Although the meatballs are good served as part of a main dish and great as appetizers. This same recipe can be used to make a really juicy meatloaf. Slice thin and serve with garlic mashed potatoes and stringbeans.
Look for other tasty recipes below this month. And enjoy!
Yours until the next time,
Vannie Ryanes (~.~)
Host and Editor
Hot and Spicy at BellaOnline
LOOK FOR THESE RECIPES AND ARTICLES IN APRIL:
_ Peppery Portabellas with Pasta
_ Jambalaya Made with Brown Rice
_ Strawberry-Jalapeño Salsa
_ Mustard Green Soup - Chinese Style
_ Bean Dip With A Kick
_ General Tsao's Chicken
_ Fiery Mayonnaise
_ Spicy Petite Sirloin Steaks
_ Vegetable Barley Risotto
_ Lamb Slow-Roasted With Pomegranate Glaze
_ Noodles with Smoked Sausage and Shrimp
Hot and Spicy Festivals:
April 24, 25 2004 Texas Hot and Spicy Festival - Houston, Texas
July 23, 24, 25, 2004 Gilroy Garlic Festival - Gilroy, California
For Your Information:
- You may have seen this 'ice box rolls' recipe alert/warning concerning the mixing of shortening and water from Southern Living magazine. If not please see Southern Living Magazine for more information.
- Share the Very Best Recipe Contest 2004! Calling all Bakers! Nestlé® Teams-up with Better Homes & Gardens®. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET, April 30, 2004. Three Grand Prizes: Each of the Grand Prize winners will receive a five day, four night trip for up to 4 persons to Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida*; includes hotel accommodations for 4 nights, a cooking class for four at the Orlando Culinary Academy and $1,000 cash. Thirty First Prizes (ten per category. No purchase necessary. See Nestlé for full details.
- Visit Amazon.coms recipe section for BBQ and grilling tips.
Our April Food Quote:
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude Julia Child
Subscribe to H&S Foods Monthly News Letter:
Make sure you don't miss a single issue of Hot & Spicy Foods @ BellaOnline Click Here or simply subscribe at the Hot and Spicy subscribe box shown below each article. BellaOnline respects your privacy and does not release, trade, or sell e-mail addresses to third parties. You have our promise.
And - Remember to add a little spice to your life!
Vote for Food & Wine