In this article you will find 16 ways to move from having a negative body image to having a positive body image. Many of these ideas are simple and inexpensive. Enjoy!
1. Add positive people who love you just the way you are and have achieved personal success. People who encourage and support your dreams and have an optimistic outlook on life in general help you to feel good about yourself physically and psychologically.
2. Make sure you are getting at least six to eight hours of asleep each night. I believe that proper rest is the miracle drug that society is seeking. When you get enough rest, you have more energy for physical activities. Your brain functions more efficiently and proper sleep reduces your chances of developing chronic illnesses and reduce the biological effects of aging.
3. Add five classic outfits to your wardrobe that you look absolutely stunning in. I have outfits that I call “Classic Cassandra’s” whenever I wear them I feel like a movie star. It is typically an outfit that I noticed on first glance and immediately thought that it was designed especially with me in mind. Whenever I wear my “CC” out-fit both men and women compliment me all day long. These are outfits that I feel express the essence of my soul. I wear my “CC” outfits on days that I want to boost my confidence or on special occasions. Never let anyone select a classic outfit for you. These outfits should be authentic outer expressions of who you are on the inside.
4. Add a hat that is flattering to your face for your roll-out-of-bed-gotta-go-now-days. I have a cute pink baseball hat and a black hat trimmed in animal print for these days. I have found that even on your most I-don’t-give-a-care days, just one little item with a little style and funk can make a difference in how you feel about yourself.
5. Add an all-time favorite lip-gloss or lipstick to your collection. Buy two. One for your purse and one for your home. Sometimes it is the little things that you do for you that make you feel and look special.
6. Add a comfortable pair of sexy, everyday shoes to wear with your jeans and casual clothes. I have watched women who other women envy because of their style, grace and beauty. What I noticed was that these women were no different than the average woman. What seemed to be special about them is their ability to wear something special with something very casual, that gave them a unique, intriguing appearance.
7. Add a signature scent in the form of a lotion, perfume, shower gel or soap that is pleasant, soft and feminine. I would advise you to go to a department store and spend a decent amount of money on this item. You don’t want to wear something that is too loud.
8. Add whitening toothpaste for your teeth. I am addicted to brushing my teeth twice a day and using good toothpaste. There is nothing sexier than beautiful, clean white teeth.
9. Add five CDs that quickly take you into a zone of joy, solitude and serenity. I love Beethoven. Find something that transforms your mood from despair to hope.
10. Add 10 minutes of quiet time just for you to collect your thoughts. Meditate. Read a fun magazine or a spiritual book. Do a deep breathing exercise.
11. Add 10 minutes of exercise to your day. Something that you enjoy doing. Even a rejuvenating brisk walk around the block will make you feel good.
12. Add five healthy favorite snacks to your grocery list. I love green grapes and strawberries together. I also love blueberries, blackberries, cashews and bananas. I try to eat other healthy foods because they are good for me, but the truth is that ninety percent of the time I end up throwing them in the garbage because I don’t like them. Be honest with yourself, I know there are healthy foods that you enjoy that you can add to your diet.
13. Add five healthy dinners, lunches and breakfasts that are to-die-for-delicious to you. You don’t need to eat them every day. Just make sure that you focus on adding things, foods, and activities to your life that you “enjoy.”
14. Add three movies to your collection that always put you in a good mood or inspire you in some way. My three inspirational movies are Jerry Maguire, Beaches, the original Dumb and Dumber, and Love Jones. Something about these movies inspires me to hang tight.
15. Add at minimum five sexy, panty and bra sets that—yes, actually match. Whenever my under clothing match for some odd reason I feel really beautiful even though no one knows that I am wearing them but me.
16. Add a special place that is serene and peaceful to meditate and collect your thoughts.