While not traditional, a handful of fresh spinach can be put in the bowl before pouring in the soup; the spinach will cook from the heat of the soup and adds not only color, but also nutrients and flavor.
8 cups chicken broth, or 8 cups water and 3 tablespoons granular chicken bouillon
2 tablespoons dehydrated onion flakes, or 1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup Converted Rice
1 teaspoon Greek oregano
2 cups poached chicken breasts from the poached chicken module, shredded or chopped
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped parsley
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan or soup pot mix the chicken broth, onion flakes, rice, and oregano.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, and cook 20 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and eggs.
- Slowly pour the mixture into the simmering soup, stirring in a clockwise motion.
- When the soup thickens slightly, stir in the parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 55
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 23% Protein 24% Carb. 53%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 126 mg
Sodium 1999 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 15 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 19% Calcium 0% Iron 17%