A note on apples: although any type apple works fine in these muffins as far as texture, Granny Smith apples give the muffins a wonderful, slightly tart flavor, as do Pink Lady; Golden Delicious and Jonagold are also excellent. Red Delicious, while great for eating, are not good for cooking; Fuji, Braeburn, and Gala aren’t generally recommended for cooking, however, they work fine in these muffins.
2 cups Master Baking Mix
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup milk, or water
2 tart apples, pared, cored, and diced
1 cup Basic Oatmeal Cookie Mix
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray each of 12 cups in a muffin pan liberally with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the master baking mix, sugar, cinnamon egg, and milk or water; do not over-mix, since some lumps should remain.
- Stir in the apple pieces.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups - a scant 1/4 cup each.
- Sprinkle the oatmeal cookie mix over the muffins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 199 Calories from Fat 63
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 32% Protein 6% Carb. 62%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 257 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 1%