To watch a video for these instructions click here
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 dried Chinese sausage (la chang)
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
½ tsp garlic salt
1 tsp sugar
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp cornstarch
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken. Then cut each breast into 1½ inch pieces and place these pieces in a large bowl to be marinated.
- Add the marinade in the following order. First add the soy sauce and the seasoned rice vinegar. Then use your hand to mix these ingredients in thoroughly. Next add the garlic salt, sugar, and ground ginger. Use your hand again to mix everything together. Then slowly sprinkle in the cornstarch a little at a time mixing it in with your hand. Once the cornstarch is thoroughly mixed in let the chicken marinate at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- While the chicken marinates prepare the other ingredients. Slice the sausage on an angle into thin slices and then set them aside.
- Once the chicken marinates, divide it into two separate bowls. Make sure that each of these bowls fits (separately) comfortably inside the basket of your steamer. If you have a double tiered steamer then you can cook both of these bowls at the same time. If you do not have a two tiered steamer then each bowl will have to be cooked separately.
- Evenly divide the sausage slices and layer them on top of the chicken in each of the bowls.
- Place each bowl inside a steamer basket.
- Heat the water for the steamer on high. Once it boils steam the chicken and sausage for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes carefully remove each bowl from the steamer and serve. Serve with white steamed rice and steamed vegetables. Makes 2 large servings.