Warm sliced potatoes with garlic and herbs served with green beans or sweet peas and a nice crusty bread makes a lovely meal. Place a good olive oil on the table and pour into a small saucer. Dip your bread in this and enjoy.
10 small new potatoes
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 to 3 tablespoons light olive oil
1/4 cup fresh dill
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice unpeeled potatoes in 1/4 slices. Rinse to remove some of the starch.
2. Place sliced potatoes in medicum pot with water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook until potaoes are tender. Apprx. 10 to 15 mins. Remove from heat and drain water from pot.
3. Mince dill, garlic, salt and pepper. Add olive oil and blend well.
4. Add mixture to potatoes and cover pot. Let sit for at 10 minutes to allow flavors to marry.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serves 4 to 5