The official Hancock tasters, consisting of grown children and two grandchildren (on this particular day along with their cousins, and a few visiting adults), also loved this quick and easy dish. With only four ingredients (one being the Ground Beef Module), nothing could be easier, especially when the ground beef and onions have already been browned, seasoned, and stored in the freezer. Of course, other pasta shapes such as penne or even macaroni could be substituted for the fusilli, and the tomatoes and green chilies can be either hot or mild according to taste.
8 ounces fusilli, or rotelli pasta, tri-colored or plain
2 cups ground beef mixture from the Ground Beef Module
1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies, such as Rotel
1 pound processed American cheese, such as Velveeta
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Drain well and return to the cooking pot.
- Meanwhile, thaw the ground beef mixture in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Cut the cheese into cubes.
- When the pasta is drained, add the ground beef, cheese, and tomatoes.
- Cook over low heat, stirring, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 426 Calories from Fat 207
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 49% Protein 27% Carb. 24%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 88 mg
Sodium 1019 mg
Total Carbohydrate 25 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 29 g
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 9% Calcium 0% Iron 5%