These little nests are reminiscent of spring, and will be a hit with both adults and children alike. They can be made several days ahead and kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
24 Mini Brownies
2 1/2 cups Mom's Brownie Mix
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flaked coconut
A few drops green food coloring
Cadbury Mini Eggs, jelly beans, or marshmallow chicks for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a mini muffin pan (24 cups) with paper baking cups.
- Mix the brownie mix, eggs, and vanilla.
- Scoop a tablespoon of brownie batter into each cup.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set; remove from the oven and let cool. They may sink a little in the middle; this is as it should be and allows for more of the luscious filling.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Cover each of the brownies liberally with the filling.
- Place the coconut and food coloring in a shaker jar with a tight fitting lid; shake until the coconut is dyed green.
- Spread the coconut on a plate or paper towels to dry.
- Press the tops of the brownies into the dyed coconut.
- Press three Cadbury eggs in the center to resemble nests.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 76
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 4% Carb. 48%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 28 mg
Sodium 110 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%