The rice can be cooked either on top of the stove or in the rice cooker while the table is being set and everyone is called to dinner. The only other accompaniment needed if thereís time is a green vegetable which can be cooked in the microwave in about 5 minutes.
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, (about 4 large), cut on the diagonal to make two pieces each
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
2 tablespoons dry sherry
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 green onions, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
- Dust the chicken breasts with cornstarch.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and brown the breasts on both sides.
- Arrange the browned breasts in the crock of a slow cooker.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the lemonade concentrate, sherry, ketchup, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and ginger; pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until the breasts are just cooked through.
- Mix the cold water and cornstarch; stir into the sauce in the slow cooker; it will thicken the sauce.
- Garnish with the green onions and lemon slices.
- Serve over rice.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 297 Calories from Fat 110
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 37% Protein 37% Carb. 26%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 76 mg
Sodium 327 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 28 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 14% Calcium 0% Iron 8%