To watch a video for these instructions click here
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
¾ cup soy sauce
3 cloves of garlic
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken. Then cut slits into the front side of each breast going across from top to bottom making them about a quarter to a half an inch apart. The slits should go just half way through the meat and not puncture through the breast completely. There should be approximately 8 to 10 slits in each breast.
- Once the slits are cut, turn each breast over to the back side. Then using a fork, lightly poke the entire back side of each of the chicken breasts just as if you were tenderizing the meat. Then set the chicken aside.
- Using the side of a large knife, smash all of the cloves of garlic. This makes it easier to remove the skin. Cut off the very top and bottom of each of the cloves and remove the skin completely. Then cut the garlic into tiny pieces. Mix these pieces with the soy sauce.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture into a shallow bowl or the bottom of a wok. Lay the chicken breasts front side up (the side with the slits) into the mixture and let them marinate at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, flips the chicken breasts so that the sides with the slits are now in the marinade. Let them marinate at room temperature for another 10 minutes.
- Preheat a grill on high. After the chicken marinates, grill it for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or just until it browns and produces nice grill marks.
- This is great served with a side of white or fried rice and stir fried green beans. Makes 3 servings.