5 cups Basic Oatmeal Cookie Mix
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix the oatmeal cookie mix and water until crumbly.
- Press half onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Stir together the lemon juice, lemon zest, and condensed milk; spread over the crust.
- Crumble the remaining oatmeal mixture over the top of the lemon filling; sprinkle with the almonds.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting into 32 bars.
Note: Although these cookies keep well in a covered container for at least a week, leftovers can be used to make a decadent lemon cookie pudding in the slow cooker. To make the pudding, squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the leftover bars (12-15), then layer them in the crock of a 2 1/2 – 3 quart slow cooker. Blend 2 cups milk, 5 eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, a pinch salt, and 1 teaspoon vanilla; pour over the cookies. Cook on high for 1 hour, then turn to low and cook until the custard is set, 2-4 hours. If there is too much liquid, tilt the lid during the last 30 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 81
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 7% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 4 mg
Sodium 75 mg
Total Carbohydrate 20 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 1%