This quick dish is also great for brunch, and would be a welcome change from some of those worn-out brunch casseroles that are served way too often. For a delicious vegetable side dish or vegetarian main dish, the ham can be left out; with or without the ham, this easy casserole may become one of the family’s favorite dishes.
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 cups diced zucchini
1 cup diced lean ham
2 jalapeno peppers, stems, pith, and seeds removed; finely chopped
3 tablespoons dehydrated onion flakes
1 cup master baking mix
1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a deep 9 x 9" (2-3 quart) baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix the eggs, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the zucchini, ham, jalapeno peppers, and onion flakes until well coated.
- Stir in the master baking mix and cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until puffed and golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 343 Calories from Fat 197
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 57% Protein 19% Carb. 24%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 206 mg
Sodium 825 mg
Total Carbohydrate 20 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 16 g
Vitamin A 46% Vitamin C 79% Calcium 0% Iron 8%