2 tablespoons butter
1 pound fresh salmon, cut into 6 serving pieces
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
1 pound asparagus, snapped (tough parts discarded), and cut into 1" pieces
1 1/2 cups cold water
3/4 cup basic Cream Soup Mix
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray an 11” x 7" shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add the salmon pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When browned on the underside, turn them and sprinkle the browned sides with salt and pepper.
- When the pieces are browned on both sides, squeeze the lemon juice over; transfer to the baking dish.
- Add the asparagus to the skillet, sprinkle with salt (it will help keep it green), turn the heat to high, and stir fry for a minute or two.
- Spoon the asparagus over the salmon.
- Whisk together the water and cream soup mix; add to the skillet and whisk over medium heat until thickened.
- Pour over the salmon and asparagus.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over all, then sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese and crumbs are lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 160
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 33% Carb. 19%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 18 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 85 mg
Sodium 426 mg
Total Carbohydrate 15 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 28 g
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 47% Calcium 0% Iron 7%