1 stale baguette, sliced into 3/4 " slices
1 cup Nutella, or other Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
Sweetened whipped cream
- Spread a generous amount of Nutella on half of the baguette slices; top with the remaining slices to form sandwiches. (Make sure you use the entire cup of Nutella.)
- Spray the inside of a 3-4 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Layer the Nutella sandwiches in the crock.
- Place the remaining ingredients except whipped cream in the blender; blend until smooth. Alternately, whisk together until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sandwiches; press them down into the liquid.
- Cover the slow cooker, turn it to high, and let cook 2 hours.
- Remove the lid and with a spatula, press the sandwiches down into the custard.
- Cover and continue cooking 1-2 hours or until the custard is set.
- Tilt the lid and let sit 15 minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Serve warm or cold with sweetened whipped cream or warm custard (such as Birdís).
Amount Per Serving
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 116
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 35% Protein 10% Carb. 55%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 101 mg
Sodium 301 mg
Total Carbohydrate 45 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 23 g
Protein 8 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 11%