This is the perfect soup to make when it’s time to clean out the vegetable bin in the refrigerator; other vegetables that are on hand can be substituted for those called for in the recipe. Pair it with a crusty loaf of Italian bread, or a salad or sandwich.
12 cups chicken broth, (bouillon is okay)
2 cups finely chopped onion
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
4 cups cabbage, finely chopped
2 cups frozen green beans
3 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2" chunks
2 cups poached chicken breasts from the poached chicken module, chopped
1 7 ounce package cheese-filled tortellini, (dried)
- Slow Cooker: Place the chicken broth, onions, carrots, and celery in the crock of a slow cooker.
- Cover, turn to low, and cook 2-4 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients, cover, and let cook until the pasta is tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Stovetop: Place the chicken broth, onions, carrots, and celery in a large soup pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil; turn the heat down and simmer until the vegetables are almost tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is just cooked.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 131 Calories from Fat 30
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 23% Protein 27% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 18 mg
Sodium 1604 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 9 g
Vitamin A 58% Vitamin C 31% Calcium 0% Iron 6%