If a crunchy, colorful salad is needed for al fresco dining, Apple Cabbage Slaw is perfect and will become a favorite.
1 16 oz. package coleslaw mix
2 Granny Smith apples or other tart variety
2 green onions
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place the coleslaw mix in the freezer while preparing the remaining ingredients (15-20 minutes).
- Cut each of the apples into 8 wedges; cut out the core, then slice each lengthwise into thin, long slices.
- Slice the wedges crosswise very thinly; place the apples in a large serving bowl.
- Slice the green onions thinly and add them to the apples in the bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a microwaveable bowl; microwave 2-3 minutes or until boiling.
- Remove from the microwave and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove the coleslaw mix from the freezer; mix with the apples and green onions.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture and toss.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to 8 hours.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 96
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 49% Protein 2% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 203 mg
Total Carbohydrate 24 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 50% Calcium 0% Iron 3%