Understanding how to lose weight effectively can be baffling. Some say just exercise, some say low carb, some say high carb, some say just eat less and others say eat whatever you want.
It's no wonder you're confused about how to lose weight effectively. But it's not complicated!
And since how to lose weight effectively isn't rocket science, you can permanently lose weight, get fit and look and feel great just by following these seven simple tips on how to lose weight the healthy way. It just takes knowing what to do and good old-fashioned stick-to-itiveness.
Seven Tips on How to Lose Weight Effectively
1. Make a commitment to do what it takes. Whether you're willing to take your time to effectively lose weight at a slow and steady pace or you're determined to lose weight fast, you still need to know what to do and how to manage yourself in such a way that you do it. And without a 100% commitment to do whatever it takes, your goal has no effective staying power.
2. Start from a foundation of happiness. Most people think losing weight will make them happy. But happiness is a mental state that can only be created right now – at any given moment. And nobody wins at any challenge if they're unhappy. So be happy. Accept yourself and your current circumstances and be enthusiastic about the future you're creating.
3. Design your own healthy diet plan. Effectiveness doesn't happen spontaneously. As a matter of fact, spontaneous gratification is what gets most of us into trouble. Just like managing your time and money, weight management takes planning and organization. To burn more calories than you consume, based on your lifestyle, how will you handle the details?
4. Manage your emotions effectively. Emotional eating is the major reason for failure. We've learned to use sweets, fatty foods and overeating for entertainment, celebration and to sooth and stuff down unpleasant emotions. Make a list of other things you enjoy (besides eating) and begin exchanging old bad habits for healthy new ways of enjoyment and soothing yourself.
5. Set aside the time to exercise daily. Physical activity is healthy and burns calories. It doesn't have to be complicated or extreme. It just has to happen. Choose what type of exercise you want to do and work it out with your schedule. There are great exercise videos, walking paths and gyms everywhere. Choose a time and method and make it a regular habit.
6. Keep a daily weight lose Journal. If you can't measure it, you can't manage it. Studies show the majority of people who lose weight and keep it off are aware of what they eat and the calories they consume. Most keep a weight loss journal (at least in the beginning). Studies show that if you don't write down your food and calories you can grossly underestimate the numbers.
7. Practice patient persistence. Nothing gets accomplished without persistence. Persistence is the only common denominator of all successful people. Thomas Edison was said to have failed 999 times before he finally invented the light bulb. If you've tried to lose weight and failed numerous times, learn from your mistakes and do it better next time. Persist until you succeed.
By following these seven simple tips on how to lose weight effectively, you can take it slow and easy for permanent weight loss or even learn how to lose weight fast and safe the healthy way.
Be sure to check out my free Natural Health Newsletter.
Click here for the Site Map.
Articles you might also enjoy:
Fish Oil and Weight Loss Research
How to Lose Weight Fast without Pills
High Fiber Foods List with Fiber Content
The Best Protein Sources for Good Nutrition
To subscribe to the Natural Health Newsletter, just enter your email address in the subscribe box at the bottom of this page.
© Copyright by Moss Greene. All Rights Reserved.
Note: The information contained on this website is not intended to be prescriptive. Any attempt to diagnose or treat an illness should come under the direction of a physician who is familiar with nutritional therapy.