After this frittata is done, remove it to a plate to avoid going watery, as it tends to do if left in the crock. If making ahead or if there are leftovers, wrap in plastic wrap.
1/4 cup butter
1 pound small zucchinis, sliced into 1/4" slices
1 cup chopped onion
salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup crisp crumbled bacon
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Spray a 5-6 quart slow cooker with an oval or rectangle crock (a large round also works - try to avoid the small round crocks that are tall) on high heat.
- Place the butter in the crock, cover, and let the butter soften while chopping the vegetables.
- Stir the vegetables into the butter and mix until coated; sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Blend the eggs and milk; pour over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with the bacon and cheese.
- Turn the slow cooker to low, cover, and let cook 2-3 hours or until set.
- Remove the lid and let sit 5 minutes; cut into wedges to serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 188
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 70% Protein 20% Carb. 9%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 21 g
Saturated Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 258 mg
Sodium 307 mg
Total Carbohydrate 6 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 14 g
Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C 16% Calcium 0% Iron 7%