This pudding can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator until serving time. The recipe calls for raisins, but for a change, Craisins can be substituted.
1/2 cup Converted Rice, (such as Uncle Ben's)
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins, or dried cranberries
1 1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped
Freshly grated nutmeg
- Place the rice, sugar, vanilla and lemon extracts, evaporated milk, water, salt, butter, eggs, cinnamon, and raisins in the crock of a medium (3-4 quart) slow cooker.
- Whisk until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Turn the slow cooker to low and cook 3-4 hours or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring once every hour, if possible but not absolutely necessary.
- Transfer to a covered container and refrigerate until well-chilled.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form; fold into the rice mixture.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg and serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 357 Calories from Fat 204
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 57% Protein 7% Carb. 36%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 131 mg
Sodium 166 mg
Total Carbohydrate 32 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 6%