Because this dinner is cooked in the slow cooker, the turkey breast comes out moist and delicious. The finished dish has enough sauce that it can be dipped up in a separate bowl and served on the side. A green salad goes well, or fresh fruit, and of course crusty bread.
1 3 pound boneless turkey breast, (with gravy packet)
2 pounds potatoes
1/2 pound carrots
1 medium onion
2 .87 ounce envelopes brown gravy mix
2 pounds processed American cheese, such as Velveeta
- Place the turkey breast in the center of a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- If the potatoes are large, peel them, quarter them, and arrange them around the turkey breast. If the potatoes are small, scrub them and arrange them around the turkey breast without peeling.
- Peel the carrots, cut them in 3" lengths, and arrange around the turkey breast.
- Peel the onion, cut it into 1" squares.
- Sprinkle the gravy mixes over the top, pour the gravy packet from the turkey breast over, and cover with the cheese which has been cut into 1" chunks.
- Cover, set the slow cooker to low, and cook 4-6 hours, or until the vegetables are tender and the turkey breast registers 160° on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove the turkey breast to a serving platter (remove the string, if needed), surround it with the vegetables.
- Stir the sauce well and serve it with the turkey and vegetables.
Note: During the last hour of cooking, other vegetables such as broccoli or green beans can be added.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 517 Calories from Fat 235
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 45% Protein 35% Carb. 19%
Nutrient Amount per % Daily
Total Fat 26 g 40%
Saturated Fat 14 g 71%
Cholesterol 126 mg 42%
Sodium 1304 mg 54%
Total Carbohydrate 25 g 8%
Dietary Fiber 1 g 3%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 45 g
Vitamin A 119% Vitamin C 22% Calcium 0% Iron 15%