The meat in this recipe is left over chicken. It uses one and a half chicken breasts that were grilled the night before. Feel free to use any leftover meat that may be stored in your refrigerator. Just make sure that it is pre cooked before adding it to the rice. Leftover cooked vegetables can also be used in place of the steam fresh frozen vegetables as well. Try this quick and easy chicken fried rice recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum found here. Enjoy!
To watch a video for these instructions click here
2 cups cold cooked rice
1 ½ chicken breasts (precooked or leftover)
½ bag of 12oz frozen steam fresh mixed vegetables
1½ tbsp stir fry oil
¼ tsp garlic salt
1 egg (optional)
1½ tsp soy sauce
- Using your hand, break up any lumps in the rice that may have formed.
- Cut the cooked chicken breasts into small ¼ inch pieces and set them aside.
- Cook the steam fresh mixed vegetables according to the directions on the bag.
- Once the vegetables are steamed it’s time to start cooking. Heat a wok on high.
- When the wok is hot, add the stir fry oil and let it get hot. You can use another oil if you prefer, but keep in mind that stir fry oil has the flavors of garlic, green onion, and ginger already infused into it. This saves a lot of time while adding a lot of flavor to a dish.
- Once the oil is hot add the rice and the garlic salt and stir fry it for 30 seconds.
- Then add in the chicken and stir fry it for 1 minute.
- If you are adding the egg, at this point make a well in the center of the rice so that you can see a large part of the bottom of the pan. Add the egg and stir it as if you were scrambling it in a pan. Once the egg is cooked then thoroughly mix it into the rice and chicken.
- Next add the pre cooked vegetables and stir fry everything for another 30 seconds.
- Then add the soy sauce and stir until it is mixed thoroughly into the rice.
- Now you can remove it from the heat and serve. Makes 2 to 3 servings.