Chicken is one of the quickest and easiest meats to grill, which makes it great when you need to make dinner in a hurry. Marinated with a delicious Hoisin sauce this grilled chicken recipe is simple but packs a lot of flavor. Try this delicious chicken recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum found here. Enjoy!
To watch a video for these instructions click here.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
7.5 oz jar hoisin sauce
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken. Then cut each breast in half long ways so that you have 4 thin chicken breasts.
- Next score the top of each piece of chicken so that there are horizontal slits about ½ way through the thickness of each piece. These slits will allow the hoisin sauce to penetrate the chicken and add a boost of flavor.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add the hoisin sauce making sure to thoroughly coat each piece. Then using a fork, gently poke the back sides of each of the chicken pieces. Cover and let the chicken marinate for 1 hour.
- Once the chicken marinates, light a grill on high, cover it, and let it get hot.
- When the grill is hot, place each piece of chicken on the grill with the cut side down. Cover and let them cook for about 5 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on the type of grill you have.
- After 5 minutes, flip the chicken over, cover and let them cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. The cooking times here are based on an infrared grill. The thickness of the chicken also plays a role in the cooking time. Always make sure that the chicken is cooked through. The best way is to use a meat thermometer. Once you become familiar with grilling it will become easy to judge the time it takes to cook different cuts of meat on your particular grill.
- Once the chicken is done, then it is ready to serve. This is great served on top of a salad with a side of Asian dressing. You can also serve it alongside some fried rice and stir fried green beans. Makes 4 servings.