This is a great way to start off fall baking. It’s not particularly fancy, but it is particularly good.
1 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the pumpkin.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips and powdered sugar, mixing well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool thoroughly on a rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into 32 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 90
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 49% Protein 3% Carb. 48%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 22 mg
Sodium 125 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 39% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 3%