The most prolific plus size costumes available can be placed into a few categories goddess, pirate, princess, witch, vampire, and sexy.
Five Tips for Online Costume Shopping
- When considering price be sure to include whether you need to buy accessories and shipping costs.
- Costume prices change constantly especially during the peak seasons like Halloween.
- The most popular items and sizes will sell fast during peak season so don't wait until the last minute to get the best price.
- Look for discount coupons located within the site (i.e. Buy Costumes does this) while shopping.
- Sign up for your favorite costume site's newsletter to get advance notice of promotions.
Here is a comparison of prices of some of the top plus size costumes with companies actually offering a variance in size. I have limited the retailer choice to three of the top for simplicity: Buy Costumes, Costume Craze, and Amazon. I think we are inundated with sexy costumes so this comparison is going to focus on styles any woman could wear. I added the Barbarian Woman costume because it is unique and will be popular because of the release of the updated Conan movie.
Olympic Goddess - This plus size costume comes with the dress and the headband.
- Buy Costumes - $49.99
- Costume Craze - $31.99
- Amazon - $39.99
Vampira - This kit include the dress, the waist cinch, the shoulder drapes, and arm drapes.
- Buy Costumes - $64.99
- Costume Craze - $47.19
- Amazon - $47.19
Barbarian Woman - This kit includes the dress, the belt, the glovettes, and the arm cuffs.
- Buy Costumes - $89.99
- Costume Craze - $67.99
- Amazon - $57.60
Cinderella - This official Disney kit includes the dress, the choker, and the headband.
- Buy Costumes - $59.99
- Costume Craze - $55.99
- Amazon - $48.96
Deckhand Darlin' - This kit includes the dress, the belt, the waist sash, and head scarf.
- Buy Costumes - $86.99
- Costume Craze - $71.99
- Amazon - $85.99
Where to buy plus size costumes.