To watch a video for these instructions click here
1 stalk of broccoli (or cauliflower)
1/3 pint of cherry tomatoes
ĺ lb leftover cooked turkey (or chicken)
3 pieces prosciutto or bacon
1/3 of a jar of sliced mushrooms (can use fresh in place of jarred)
2 tbsp peanut oil
1 tbsp stir fry oil
Ĺ cup chicken broth
1Ĺ tbsp soy sauce
ľ tsp garlic salt
2 tsp cornstarch
- Cut all of the meats and vegetables into the same sized pieces. For the ingredients above cut the broccoli, turkey and prosciutto into 1 inch pieces. The cherry tomatoes and the sliced mushrooms can remain uncut.
- Next par boil any hard vegetables such as the broccoli or cauliflower. If your vegetables are already cooked then there is no need to par boil them before adding them into the stir fry. The easiest way to par boil the vegetables is to simply place them in a microwave safe bowl, cover them with hot water, and microwave them for 3 to 5 minutes, or just until crisp Ė tender. Then drain them thoroughly and set them aside.
- In a large cup mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce except for the cornstarch.
- Then in a small cup mix the cornstarch with just a little water until it dissolves.
- Now itís time to start cooking. Heat a wok on high and add just 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil.
- Once itís hot, add the prosciutto or bacon and stir fry it for 3 to 5 minutes, or until crisp. Then remove it from the wok and set it aside.
- Without wiping out the wok, add the remaining tablespoon of peanut oil.
- When itís hot add the turkey and stir fry it about 1 to 2 minutes, just until it is slightly browned and heated through. Be careful not to overcook this since it was already precooked. Then remove it and place it on the plate with the prosciutto.
- Next add the tomatoes. Cook them without using any oil for 3 to5 minutes, or until they start to turn black and brown in spots. Then remove them from the heat and place them on the plate with the meats.
- Without wiping out the wok, add 1 tbsp of stir fry oil, remember stir fry oil has the flavors of garlic, green onion and ginger already infused in it. This adds tons of flavor to the final dish.
- When the oil is hot add the mushrooms and the broccoli and stir fry them for 1 minute.
- Then return the meats and tomatoes back into the wok and stir everything together.
- Next add the sauce and let it come to a boil.
- Just as the sauce starts to come to a boil add the cornstarch mixture and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Then remove it from the heat and serve. Makes 2 to 3 servings.