These creamy and delicious Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes not only can be made ahead, but they are quick and easy since they use roasted garlic from the Basic Roasted Garlic Module. If this convenient module isn’t already in your freezer, get out the slow cooker; it will be ready in no time.
5 pounds potatoes
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons roasted garlic puree from the Roasted Garlic Module
1/2 cup butter
4 oz. softened cream cheese
1/3 cup powdered milk
1 cup boiling water, (from the potatoes)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Peel the potatoes, slice into 1" slices, and cover with water; add 2 tablespoons salt.
- Bring to a boil; simmer until done, about 45 minutes.
- Pour the potatoes into a colander to thoroughly drain (reserving 1 cup of the water).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the garlic puree, butter, and cream cheese until fluffy; add the hot potatoes.
- Mix the dry milk with the hot potato water and add enough to the potato mixture to make it light and fluffy.
- Stir in the salt and chives and serve.
- Make Ahead: transfer the potatoes to a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- 1 hour before serving, preheat oven to 350°.
- Uncover the potatoes, place them in the oven, and bake 30-45 minutes or until browned on top and heated through.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 103
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 32% Protein 8% Carb. 60%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 32 mg
Sodium 1012 mg
Total Carbohydrate 48 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 49% Calcium 0% Iron 14%