Favorite seasonings include Caribbean Jerk seasoning, Cajun seasoning, Penzey’s Forward seasoning (available from penzeys.com), and lemon pepper Seasoning, but any seasoning without salt can be used. The following Spiced Pumpkin Seeds are not as pithy and are more tender than pumpkin seeds that are simply roasted; these pumpkin seeds are boiled prior to roasting.
2 cups pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon favorite seasoning (no salt)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add 1 teaspoon salt and add the pumpkin seeds.
- Simmer the seeds for 30 minutes.
- Drain well in a fine strainer.
- Spread the seeds out on paper towels to dry.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toss the pumpkin seeds in the vegetable oil, salt, and favorite seasoning.
- Spread the mixture out on a large baking sheet.
- Bake 30-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 115 Calories from Fat 51
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 45% Protein 14% Carb. 41%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 198 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 8 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 5%