Midwest-Southwest-Intermountain West- Pacific Northwest…it doesn’t matter. Your family will come when you call them to dinner with the smoky aroma of BBQ baskets, and Chipotle Ranch Ribs.
Ring the Chuck wagon Triangle to call them in from whatever they are doing. Round out the meal with some Cowboy Beans and finish with a decadent Black Forest Chocolate Pretzel Parfaits.
1 (12-ounce) can buttermilk biscuits
1 1/2 cups cooked shredded pork with barbecue sauce
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar /Monterey Jack – or Pepper Jack cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Put one biscuit in each muffin cup.
3. Using your fingers press biscuit down into bottom of each cup until it is about 1/4-inch thick, then press biscuit up side of muffin cups to form crust.
4. Divide pork evenly into biscuits (about 2 1/2 tablespoons each).
5. Sprinkle with cheddar and jack cheese.
6. Bake 20–25 minutes until biscuit edges are golden and barbecue pork is thoroughly heated.
Yummy served with Chipotle Ranch Ribs.
Chipotle Ranch Ribs
3 lb pork baby back ribs
2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
1 (24x12-inch) sheet heavy aluminum foil
1 cup bacon/onion ranch salad dressing
2 tablespoons chipotle hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Coat ribs with barbecue seasoning; place in center of aluminum foil.
3. Combine ranch dressing and hot sauce; pour over ribs.
4. Bring up foil sides; then double-fold top and ends to seal the packet.
Place on baking sheet; bake 25 minutes.
1 (15-ounce) can pork and beans (undrained)
1 (15-ounce) can black beans (drained)
1/4 cup hickory-smoked barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons cooked bacon pieces
1 teaspoon mustard
1. Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan.
2. Cook on medium 10–15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thoroughly heated.
3. Reduce heat to warm until ready to serve.
And now… the grand finale of this wonderful meal ---
Black Forest Chocolate Pretzel Parfaits
2 cups fresh cherries
6 coconut macaroon cookies
1/2 cup thin pretzel sticks
1 (3.4-oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups cold reduced-fat milk
1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
1. Take off the cherry stems and remove the pits; chop coarsely.
2. Chop cookies and pretzels into bite-size pieces.
3. Whisk together pudding mix and milk, in medium bowl, for 2 minutes.
4. Whisk in chocolate spread; chill 5 minutes to thicken.
With 6 parfait or desert dishes, layer ½ each of the pudding, cookie pieces, cherries and pretzel bits.
Repeat the layers.
Set in fridge to chill.
Serve at the end of a fabulous meal!