Jan Hagel can be made ahead; they keep a week or two in an airtight container, and can be frozen for months.
54 3 x 1 bars
3 cups Basic Sugar Cookie Mix
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/3 cup butter
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the sugar cookie mix, cinnamon, allspice, butter and egg yolks.
- Press evenly into a parchment-lined or greased jelly-roll pan (approx 11 x 17).
- Whip the egg whites with a fork until frothy, spread over the dough.
- Sprinkle on the almonds.
- Using a piece of parchment or waxed paper, press the almonds down into the dough.
- Using a ruler, score the dough with a knife into approximately 1" by 3" rectangles (9 across the short side - 6 across the long side).
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately use a knife to re-cut the scored cookies.
- Cool thoroughly.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 108 Calories from Fat 62
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 58% Protein 7% Carb. 35%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 18 mg
Sodium 66 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%