Actually, these Gingerbread Crinkles can be made from start to finish in less than an hour. The quick dough is simply scooped with a tablespoon-size scoop, quickly rolled in the hands, and coated in sugar; the process takes just a few minutes, and with practice, gets even faster. A bonus is that these cookies can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for up to a week, or frozen for several months.
About 42 cookies
3 cups Basic Sugar Cookie Mix
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup dark molasses
1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the sugar cookie mix, ginger, cinnamon, molasses, and egg well.
- Scoop tablespoon-size balls from the dough, roll them into balls, then roll them in the sugar to coat.
- Place the balls about 2" apart on parchment-lined or greased baking sheets.
- Flatten each cookie slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven to cool.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 85 Calories from Fat 33
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 38% Protein 5% Carb. 57%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 61 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%