Depending on preference, these crisp cookies can be dipped or drizzled in chocolate – either semi-sweet or white, which makes them a little fancier. However, for those who really like crisp cookies, they are great just as they come from the oven after the second baking. They’re also great for holiday cookie trays, or to enjoy with Santa after the kids have gone to bed.
4 cups Basic Sugar Cookie Mix
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the sugar cookie mix, eggs, and almond extract; stir in the almonds.
- Divide the dough in half and form each half into a rectangle about 14" x 2 1/2" on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using a sharp knife, slice each of the logs into slices about 1/2" wide.
- Place them cut side up on the baking sheet; they can be close together.
- Bake 15 additional minutes, or until crisp.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a month.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 144 Calories from Fat 70
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 49% Protein 7% Carb. 44%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 23 mg
Sodium 93 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 7 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%