For those who are busy, these cookies can be made from start to finish, including clean-up, in less than an hour, so there’s no excuse to skip the Christmas cookie baking this year. They are actually easy, too, so the job can always be delegated to some of the older children (an adult should always be present when children are using the oven, however). No matter who bakes the cookies, everyone will enjoy them and they may even become a family favorite.
4 cups Basic Sugar Cookie Mix
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups chopped pecans
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the sugar cookie mix and cocoa.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Stir in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Scoop tablespoon-size balls onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Press each cookie down with a flat-bottomed glass that has been dampened with a little water.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove to cooling racks.
- Store in an airtight container for a couple of weeks; freeze for longer storage.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 112 Calories from Fat 62
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 55% Protein 6% Carb. 40%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 17 mg
Sodium 52 mg
Total Carbohydrate 11 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%