Once the balls are quickly formed, they are rolled in a beaten egg, then in finely chopped almonds. After placing them on the baking sheet, an indentation is made and filled with jam. The rich chocolate and fruity jam are a wonderful combination and make these cookies good all year long. It is a good idea to double the recipe, not only because they are easy to make, but also because they are easy to eat.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
3 cups Basic Sugar Cookie Mix
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
1/2 cup apricot jam, or raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the cookie mix, cocoa, butter, egg, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Scoop tablespoon-size balls of dough and roll each into a ball.
- Roll each ball in the beaten egg, then the chopped almonds.
- Place each cookie on a parchment-lined baking sheet and make a deep indentation with thumb.
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon jam into the indentation.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Cool on racks.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 105 Calories from Fat 52
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 6% Carb. 44%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 18 mg
Sodium 71 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%