The popcorn in the picture uses red and green candies, which are also coated in the white chocolate; for a brighter popcorn mix, add them after the other ingredients have been mixed. In addition, other nuts besides peanuts, such as cashews can be substituted.
White Chocolate Popcorn Mix makes a great gift, especially when packaged in a festive bag tied with ribbon. It's also tempting on a holiday buffet, or as a snack to take to the office; donít plan on leftovers, and be prepared to hand out the recipe.
About 48 1/2 cup Servings (24 cups)
4 quarts popped popcorn
4 cups salted peanuts
2 cups M & M's Candies
2 pounds white baking chips, or white chocolate melts
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix the popcorn, peanuts, and M & M's in a large bowl.
- Melt the baking chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted (1 1/2 - 2 minutes).
- Pour over the popcorn mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to baking sheets to set.
- Melt the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in the microwave (about 1 1/2 minutes); stir until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over the popcorn.
- When the chocolate has set, break the popcorn up and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 227 Calories from Fat 133
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 59% Protein 7% Carb. 34%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 56 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 4%